Summer is Here! (or it WAS here)

(I thought I had already posted this entry but realised today that I still had it sitting in my drafts folder.)

Today I am catching up on some of my pages from June.  As the summers here in the UK are typically short and sometimes non-existent I decided to dedicate a page to the onset of Summer when it arrived, and was it glorious!  As I mentioned sometimes the summers here can be non-existent, like last year when we had a solid month of rain for the month of June.  This year however it has been quite good, not only unusually warm but for more than a week or two!  Pretty much still going strong as I post this now.  


With this layout I wanted it to be representative of the feel of summer so chose to use really bright colours and accents.  The picture was taken at Pinkney's Green and it was a glorious day. Pretty much picture perfect!


The background paper was from a Studio Calico kit and I wanted it to carry through the top and bottom pocket to appear as if one complete page. I also included a screenshot from my phone of the weather for the day. 


The 06 June sticker is from The Daily Grind line by Simple Stories.  I mounted the title "Summer" onto a bingo card by Simple Stories. The colourful chipboard letters are by American Crafts.  The lettering spelling out "is here" is by Simple Stories as is the "breath of fresh air" sticker below that. The green stars are by October Afternoon.  On the bottom pocket the green bliss Dymo style sticker is Marcella by Kay. The "hooray for today" sticker is Simple Stories and the bright yellow "summer" metal tag is an old embellishment I've had for some time by American Crafts. 

Thanks for having a look! 

2 comments:

  1. So Cute! I love all the colors. I considered the smaller size for my PL but got caught up in the 12X12 size. I'm going to go with the 6X8 for next year. LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment Lisa! I was traditionally a 12 x 12 scrapper and have been for years. Wanted to try something new/different so chose the 6 x 8 size and am loving it. Have fun with it next year!

      Delete