Teal Simple Stories Album

Hello!

I have been waiting for my new Simple Stories Sn@p album to come in the post the past few days, since the weekend really. I have been laying in wait for the postman pretty much daily. He's probably starting to think I'm either a mad woman or have some kind of dippy crush on him. I only say this because, to be honest, I've never really seen the postman before this week so I can only imagine what he must now think when every day this week as he pulls into our drive the curtain in the front hall window starts twitching and then there I appear in the doorway before he's even come to a complete stop.


Suffice it to say, it came today and I was more than pleased! Mainly I was looking for something creative to occupy me until my laptop comes back, as mentioned in a previous post. I already knew before the album arrived what paper I wanted to use on the front cover - the blue and white chevron paper from the Simple Stories DIY Boutique 12x12 simple basics kit.

 

After I tore into the shrink wrap and cut my paper for the cover I started pulling out all the embellishments that I thought I'd want to use.
 
 
Since the album is about our life I thought it would be apt to use the script lettering "Our Life " die cut I had made. I wanted the cover to be quite simple, include a title, the year and a few embellishments.
 
This picture is where I am laying out the title and paper on the album cover to see if I like how it looks. I do have to say that the inspiration for the style of the title came from a layout by Mel Blackburn over at Studio Calico here.


 I added some American Crafts Thickers for the date and my embellishments - a Simple Stories brad, a DIY Boutique love-heart sticker, a Mambi Sticks puffy sticker and a Studio Calico chipboard arrow banner.
 

The end result

Was happy to have something crafty to keep me occupied. However, its meant to be another week before I get the laptop back so not sure how I will spend that time.

Thanks for stopping by to have a look!

(Blogging is a whole new concept when you have to create your entries via smartphone so apologies for any mistakes or wonky bits.)


No comments:

Post a Comment