4th of July (Simple Stories)

Today I am sharing a recent layout I created about the 4th of July. Living in the UK the 4th of July is something I really miss celebrating.  Friends here say "you can still celebrate, if you want to."  Yes, this is true but it is just not the same when 1) everyone else isn't celebrating as well and 2) you don't get the big fireworks display somewhere or can go to an open air 4th of July concert.
 This year I was planning on getting back to the states to celebrate properly but unfortunately it just didn't come about for a couple of reasons, so I was quite disappointed about that.  
 
So here is my layout dedicated to the 4th of July.
 At least the day turned out to be sunny, which is always a good thing here in the UK so Rupert and I spent the afternoon at the park, on a long walk.
 
Then in the evening I joined Simon for a round of golf, in the buggy, at the golf club with a nice dinner afterwards.  Going out with him in the buggy is always good for a laugh or two.  So although I didn't get to celebrate "American style", it was all in all a great day.
 Left Page
SUPPLIES | Background paper is Simple Stories I {Heart Summer}. I cut a 6x8 piece and then mounted it on a bit of white cardstock, running Studio Calico washi tape (from Sugar Rush) around the edges.  Wanted to bring out some of the stripes in the bunting banner on the paper. The little gold stars are Studio Calico. The yellow sun face in the I heart Summer banner is soo old I wouldn't even know the brand, from my super early days of scrapbooking.  The "Sunny Day" tag on top of the Keep Calm photo is by Bella Blvd from their Playdate sticker sheet.  The gold glittery arrow is by Freckled Fawn. The blue "completely awesome" round sticker is from the Simple Stories D.I.Y. line and the red star from the Daily Grind pack. The blue star is Studio Calico and the white enamel dot is also Simple Stories D.I.Y. as is the "look" sticker. The green "park" sticker is from Bella Blvd. Playdate.
 
 Right Page
SUPPLIES | Background paper is Simple Stories I {Heart} Summer. Again I cut a 6x8 piece and mounted it on the reverse of Fancy Pants Be.Loved. Sentiments paper.  The "celebrate" banner at the top is from Studio Calico as is the blue star.  The red glittery #4 is an American Crafts Thicker called Pantry as is the J in July.  The other lettering is from Bella Blvd. off the Playdate sticker sheet.  The t&h are Simple Stories Typecast.  The red & white striped journaling card is by Teresa Collins Stationery Noted. The "freedom" sticker is a super old Making Memories Defined sticker that I painted with blue watercolours. The blue circular star sticker is Studio Calico and the blue Friday tag is Simple Stories Daily Grind. The red "smile" tag and the blue "real life" tag I cut out from Simple Stories paper.  The corner of the lined card with the red star on it is a snippet of a 7 Gypsies card and the dark grey geotag is by Studio Calico.
 
Not sure why my pictures look so washed out today, don't know if its the light I used or if my camera is playing up.  Tried retaking them but they seemed to come out the same.  
 
Thanks for stopping by to take a look!
 
Christine  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment