Retro Style

Hello Fellow Crafters!
Rare for me to create another post so soon. I wish I could be like some of these people that do blogging and scrapping for a living, having time for it on a regular basis, with no outside work distractions or life in general.  Although I suppose at the moment, with not working full time, I don't really have an excuse for something keeping me busy all day and not allowing me to be creative as I like.

So moving along! 

As well, the Muse has been in residence consistently as of late, which is rare so I thought I would take advantage of her visit.  Work with it while you can!
I have always been mad about polka dots and as well enamoured of the whole retro style "pin-up" girl look but have never really embraced it till now.  I wish I had sooner!  At this age I can now understand those 'write a letter to the 16 year old you' exercise.  I never really got it before, sounds stupid I know and thought what is the point.  It's me, writing to me, what am I going to tell myself?

  Well, I guess what I would now say is embrace who you are.  Don't ever let anyone sway you from being the way you want to be simply because they don't approve of it or think it might be ridiculous.
Be who you are meant to be and be proud of it!

I originally started out the layout with just the pink and black but wanted to add a tertiary colour to give the layout a bit more pop, so thought the green would be a nice accent.  I will probably also add some journaling behind the layout about embracing the retro style and as well about having more of a presence on Instagram . Was never really interested in it when it came out but have now found some great female role models on there that I now follow (Miss Victory Violet, The Cherry Dollface, Curve Creation, Curvy Kate, Redhead Without a Cause, Honor my Curves, Hot Rod Steffie and Hennney) 
SUPPLIES | Background paper is Simple Stories D.I.Y. Boutique, black & white polka dot paper is Bella Blvd "Borders", pink & white polka dot paper is a PL Blush card.  The black profile figurine is cut out from Barbie paper by Creative Keepsakes. The B&W puffy letters spelling out "Retro" are Making Memories. The "style" letters are October Afternoon called "Daily Flash". The black "inspire" sticker is Dymo style by K&Co.  The green "look" sticker and the "remember this" sticker are by Simple Stories.  The polaroid photo frame over the shoes is by La De Dah. The enamel dots are by Simple Stories D.I.Y. Boutique. The flower is from my stash & not in its original package so not sure the brand.  The green chipboard button is by Webster Pages. The B&W heart shaped brads are by BoBunny. The B&W mini button brads are by Making Memories. The green "nifty" sticker is Marcella by Kay and finally the brad in the middle of the flower is by Cart-us.

No comments:

Post a Comment