{ Week 24 - June 10th to June 16th }

This is Week 24 of my Snap Life.

Below is the two page spread:
 
Left hand page:

Right hand page: (hard to get rid of the glare. A flash doesn't work so have to use the one window where there is good light as anywhere else in the house is too dark, but seems either way I end up with some glare.)

 
Week 24 Date Card:
Keeping with the theme of using big numbers to represent the week number.  Used pink to pull out some of the other colours in the layout this week.
  
This weeks journal card is 3x4 with a text box title in pink down the left hand side, reading "A little bit of the week".  I had a couple of interviews this week, so it was looking promising.  One was with a small local training company in Maidenhead.  They did not want me coming to the office so the interview was held at The Blue River Cafe at the Thames Riviera, which made it a little less formal.  I thought I did quite well and both the HR Manager and another colleague seemed to genuinely like me.  As well, they called the General Manager to come over to meet me. I thought we got along well and he even commented he liked my philosophy and work approach.  However, I was not selected.  Never mind, onwards and upwards.
 
Fego is one of our favourite cafes.  When I lived in Marlow we used to go to the one on the high street there quite a bit.  A nice casual friendly place that feels very homey.  You can stroll in there of an afternoon and they greet you like you are a friend coming for a visit.  Love it there. Ever since we moved over to Holyport though Marlow isn't so close to us anymore.  Simon finished work early on Friday so he suggested we go over to Fego's in Ascot (which is closer to us now) for a late afternoon lunch.  Always a nice surprise, Simon finishing early and also going to Fego's.  I created this 3x4 insert in Word, filling in the top of the journal card in brown, adding the Fego logo from the internet, typing the text in white and then adding an exterior shot of Fego's (that I took) along with a picture of a frothy cappuccino.
 
This picture makes me laugh.  I came into the bedroom to see where Rupert was.  As soon as I saw him I said "what are you doing?!".  He was just sitting on the bed (yes, he's allowed on the bed) and when I asked him what he was doing he put his foot on his ball.  So funny!  He carries that thing with him everywhere, even tucks it next to him in his bed, like a cuddly toy.  I didn't think I could capture the moment with a picture but I quickly whipped out my phone from my back pocket and took a few snaps.  This was the best one.  He's such a poser.  This dog has character! (The stickers are the Simple Stories Snap Alpha stickers that come in 8 different colours)
 
This week I had a second journaling card to add, simply because it wouldn't all fit on the main journal card.  Plus I felt it needed to be featured on its own anyway.  Tuesday night as we were getting ready for bed we were both certain we could smell smoke.  After brushing our teeth I turned to Simon and said "do you smell smoke?"  He said that he did.  It smelled like burning food. At first I thought maybe we had left the oven on, but still unless there was something in the oven it wouldn't smell like that.  It was quite late, past 11 o'clock and we didn't think Sylvia would still be up at this hour. (Sylvia is our landlord and we share a communal door between our kitchens.) She is like clockwork and is typically in bed by 10, 10:30 at the latest.  We just figured she had burnt something at dinner and then gone to bed.  Maybe we were just getting the lingering after effects.  However by 2:00 am I could still smell it and was very concerned now.  There was no way I could just fall asleep when it smelled this way.  We knocked on the adjoining door, as one I didn't want to just barge in at that hour and two, thinking may she had gone out and left something on the stove.  I didn't feel right about going into her flat, especially if she was there, but when we opened the kitchen door and found her living room filled with smoke, I felt better for doing so.  We could see the glow from the electric stove and the pan that was now burnt black beyond recognition.  I dread to think what could have happened if we had not gone in.  I took the pan off the stove and left it well away from the house on the back patio.  I wanted to check to see if she was alright because I wasn't sure if the smoke would affect her but felt funny about knocking on her bedroom door in the middle of the night. So I googled it just to be certain, didn't find anything alarming and then went to bed.  In the morning she came round to ask me all about it and we had a good laugh about it.
 
Wednesday afternoon I came home to find a bottle of wine, some beautiful tulips and a Thank You note on the kitchen counter.  Sylvia wanted to show her gratitude to us for being concerned for her well-being.  I created this insert card in Word.  Simply filled in the card with a pinky grapefruit colour, added text boxes around the outside of the box and then put the picture in the middle.  I gave the pic a white border to make it pop a bit more against the coloured background.  The "Thankful" sticker is from the Bella Blvd Thankful Alpha Bits.   
 
The 4x6 pic below is for a film called A Late Quartet that was playing at Norden Farm.  Simon and I don't always like to go to your mainstream blockbuster films.  Sometimes we like to see something that is a little off the beaten path or a foreign film.  We like frequenting Norden Farm Centre for the Arts (http://nordenfarm.org) - they have a lot of interesting and varied events there - films, theatre, classes (some of which I have taken), exhibits and various other.  Plus they have a fabulous little café there as well that serves up a great pre-movie meal.  As two of our favourite actors - Christopher Walken and Philip Seymour Hoffman were in this film, we didn't think we could go wrong.  I think the movie tag line summed it aptly - "No arrangement is more beautiful.... or more complicated."  We enjoyed the film and found it very moving for a film about a classical quartet.  (I have hidden the ticket stubs behind the picture).
 
 That's another week done!
 
Thanks for looking!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment