THROWBACK THURSDAY
THURSDAY, 12 FEBRUARY, 2015


Hello Fellow Crafters!

Things like MCM (Man Crush Monday), WCW (Woman Crush Wednesday) and TBT (Throwback Thursday) are extremely popular on places like Instagram, Facebook and other social media platforms. 

So I thought I would start what I'm hoping is a fun series here on my blog and use Throwback Thursday in another way, to showcase some of my old layouts. For a good giggle and also to see the difference in my scrapbooking style and hopefully see how far I have come. Possibly see how trends have changed or maybe how some have stayed the same. 


So for my first "Throwback Thursday" layout I am going back to 2003 - gosh, 12 years ago! Also to the days of post bound albums! These layouts document when I moved from L.A. to Arizona. 

SPACER
SPACER
This was back when paper tearing and chalking were all the rage. As I didn't keep track of what supplies I used back then I would fathom a guess about the supplies used here. For the page above I do believe the map travel paper would have have been by K&Co, which came in a kit.  As for the embellishments, these would have been vintage ephemera by Paper Pizazz which I purchased at a large craft store in Arizona which I cannot recall the name of - Craftworld or something like that. As for the road signs, these would have been pictures we took along our route from L.A. to Arizona. Yes, even then I was pulling over on the side of the road to take photographs for my albums. Once a die hard always a die hard! 
SPACER
SPACER
Remember when Mrs.Goodman's stickers were popular (I'm sure I'm dating myself here!) and in great abundance, before a lot of current day brands probably even existed. These were those realistic photograph style landscape stickers. I have to admit I used my fair share of these back in the day. This page was simple - Bazzill cardstock, landscape sticker and then an AAA roadmap torn up to provide a backing for the journalling which I have blurred out for privacy.   
SPACER
SPACER
A close up of some of the hand stitching I did on the map to make it look like it had been sewn together after I tore it apart for the layout. You can see some good old tearing on the cardstock there with heavily chalked edges. I sort of wanted this page to have a bit of the old west feel to it. 
SPACER
SPACER
This was also around the time that the industrial or sort of grunge look, distressing your pages was popular.  Using things like keys, metal or clock parts, or the like on your layouts. As well, another popular trend at the time was distressing or aging your pictures, which I have to say is an application I still enjoy doing to this day. If you look closely you can see I took a bit of sandpaper to distress around the edges of the picture above.  
SPACER
SPACER
Close up of the details on the page
SPACER
SPACER
Ahh, "die cuts", done the old fashioned way. Painstakingly with alpha templates and a tiny pair of scissors! I love how I wanted to emphasize the numbers in the address by creating this die cut. 

I hope you enjoy this series as much as I am enjoying looking through my old albums and as always, thanks for taking the time to drop by my blog. 


No comments:

Post a Comment