DECEMBER DAILY
DAY 3 & 4
SATURDAY, 6 DECEMBER, 2014

Today I am sharing Day 3 & Day 4.


I am trying to keep up with the whole "daily" aspect of this project. I do admit it is a bit of a task.  I know how easy it is to fall behind, you miss a day or two and before you know it you are a week behind. Hopefully I can be completely done with and on top of Day 7 by Sunday evening. 


DAY 3
"RED"

Day 3's photo-a-day prompt was Red. I have to say that I was struggling to think of something for this day as I did not go out of the house but instead spent it baking.

I love baking in general but it is a completely different ballpark this time of year. So many lovely things to bake and so many new recipes to try!

As I said I was struggling to find something red and it didn't dawn on me until Simon said your cookbook is red. Bingo!  So this became my picture for Day 3.



I have also found a couple recipes on Pinterest that are brilliant for the holiday season that I have yet to try. So I expect there will be more baking to come in the next few weeks.  



One is a Candy Cane Mini Donut recipe that you can find here, courtesy of Paper & Stitch.



Another is this simple but absolutely yummy looking recipe here, courtesy of cookingclassy.

However on this particular day I was working on something else!


DAY 4

"JOYOUS"

For this day the photo-a-day prompt was Joyous. Unfortunately I did not have a photo for this day that would depict the feeling of Joy. 



As well, at the moment we are kinda in a place where Joyous is not what we're feeling. As I didn't have a picture I included some journaling about this day and put it on the back of the insert card for the purpose of privacy. 



This page, with the photo above and below, doesn't directly pertain to the Capturing December Photo-a-Day Challenge. They are filler pages that I created in the Christmas spirit. 


That's me so far with my Capturing December album.

As always, thanks for looking! Wondering how everyone else is getting on.

Happy Scrapping!

SUPPLIES USED: Day 3 - Graphic 45 Domestic Goddess paper. All word stickers (genuine, Wednesday & the real deal) are Simple Stories. The pink recipe ticket is by Melissa Frances called Kitschy Kitchen. Day 4 - Graphic 45 Domestic Goddess paper. BoBunny Father Christmas tag. 7 Gypsies #4. Gold star & arrow are Studio Calico. Green striped paper is Simple Stories & Joy circle is by Cosmo Cricket from Mitten Weather. The bottom card is my own. For the filler page, the reindeer insert is a photograph printed on white cardstock and the other pocket 4x4 is Simple Stories background paper and a tag from the BoBunny Father Christmas line plus gold ribbon & a gold star by Studio Calico. 

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the baking pages! What prompt list are you using? I hope you will post more pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Margaret - thanks for the comment! I am using a list I found on Pinterest called Capturing December. Here is the link: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/91057223692347412/.

    ReplyDelete