DECEMBER ALBUM
MONDAY, 15 DECEMBER, 2014


Today I am sharing Days 11, 12 & 13 along with a few regular pages. 

DAY 11
"GREEN"

The photo prompt for today, Day 11, was "green".  This one was quite easy for me.  It was either a close up picture of a tree branch or a Christmas bauble, so I chose this one. 


Very simple.  Popped a 4 x 4 pic on the back of an old Christmas card, added some gold and green stars and the number 11 in red chipboard letters. 

DAY 12
"CHRISTMAS WREATH"

I did not use the prompt from Capturing December for this day as I had something of my own to include.  Today I put up our Christmas wreath on the front door.  I would have put it up sooner but as we were planning to move last Spring (yes it's been that long) all of our Christmas decorations had been boxed up and were being stored in Julie's shed.  So we had to go collect them so I could put them up this weekend. 



I know this page may seem a bit busy with all the bits and pieces but its miles better than what it was originally. It was on the front of the page below, which is red & white stripes. Let me tell you, the red glittery letters just didn't work on the red & white striped paper, it was a bit too psychedelic and made my eyes hurt just looking at it. 

SUPPLIES: The background paper is by Simple Stories from their Cozy Christmas line as are the word stickers at the top of the page, the stars and the holly sticker at the bottom of the page. All the wooden veneers are Studio Calico. The red glitter letters spelling out Christmas are from a cheap pack of stickers (don't know the brand) that a friend from the states sent me in a care package and the all capital red glitter letters spelling out Wreath are AC Thickers called Pantry. 

DAY 13
"REINDOG"

I also did not use the prompt for this day, which was family. Although I suppose my picture for this day could sort of apply to that prompt. 

Whilst shopping at the weekend we needed to stop by the pet store for a few things for Rupert, bones and whatnot. In the process he just happened to acquire a few new items, as well as what we stopped there for, the item below being one of them!



Whenever I see dogs with Christmas antlers on it always reminds of the little dog in The Grinch who Stole Christmas.  Too cute!

SUPPLIES: Background paper is by Simple Stories as are the three stickers and the love heart at the top of the page. The #13 is by K&Co (super old) from a line by Brenda Walton. The black chipboard letters are Thickers by AC called Jewelry Box.

OH WHAT FUN
As I am also including my regular day to day photos in my December album, this next page does not apply to one of the Capturing December photo prompts. 



We were at the petrol station and Rupert had hopped into Simon's seat when he got out of the truck to fill it with diesel. When Simon got back in the truck, Rupert wouldn't budget from his seat but simply climbed onto his lap. I just happened to snap these pictures as he was doing so. Tugs at your heart. 

COZY CHRISTMAS
This picture is of a small insert I created as I was in a crafty mood and wanted to create something that didn't pertain directly to a picture or a page.  



Everything you see is Simple Stories with the exception of the Polaroid frame which is by La De Dah and the gold star by Studio Calico. 



This is the back of the Cozy Christmas insert, which is still blank at the moment. Need to find something to put there.

That's my December album for now!

Hope everyone's album is coming along nicely!


No comments:

Post a Comment