OCTOBER - BURNHAM BEECHES
    FRIDAY, 28 NOVEMBER, 2014

BURNHAM BEECHES


As it gets closer to Winter here in the UK we cannot always get out during the week, with the evenings getting dark so early, for a proper dog walk.

However, that's not the case at the weekend. This particular Saturday we decided to go for a walk at Burnham Beeches, a preserved area of natural beauty only about a 25 minute drive from where we live.



We are lucky to live so close to what has been described as one of the finest woodland tracts in Britain, that people visit from miles around. I especially love visiting there in the Fall to see all the beautiful trees as they turn for the season. 

For the main page I really wanted the focus to be of the stunning picture of one of the water features within the woodlands.


I wanted to echo the Fall colours so chose this background paper by K&CO.

SUPPLIES| The background paper is from a pad of "designer" paper by K&Co I picked up from Target, of all places, many years ago. The brown alphas are by Simple Stories with the big chipboard B by K&Co from an old pack in my stash called Wild Saffron. The leaf accents I created with paintchip cards and one of my punches.



I wanted the above page to be very naturey - if that's a word! So I chose a textured green paper for the background to echo the feel of the woodland trees.

Then I cut apart a biolique paper (I think it was called) by Anna Griffin for my accents. Something that has been in my stash for quite some time. 

The one big adventure sticker is by Simple Stories.



This page includes a couple of woodland shots from our walk in the top pockets.  Trying out selective focus in the picture on the top left. Creates a nice perspective I think.

The bottom pocket holds a PL journaling card which I ran through my printer, date stamped and then mounted on the same paper as used for the main page.  Added a few doggie paw prints with a Studio Calico stamp, some more stickers by Simple Stories and a bit of the flower from the Anna Griffin page.

Do any of you have areas of outstanding natural beauty near you that you like to visit for a leisurely stroll, walk with your dog or other activity?

As much as I do sometimes miss the big cities of America I am grateful, whilst living in the UK, for beautiful places like this.




No comments:

Post a Comment