Looking @ Houses

This page actually started out based around the blue alphas spelling out the "Looking" part of the title.  I have had these alphas for quite some time but have NEVER used them.  So today I decided I'm going to create a layout using these letters.

It didn't take long for an idea to come to me.  Simply because all I have been doing over the past few days was look at houses, something I never really thought about documenting in a layout.  But as it is my current "now" life, I thought why not!  I suppose events like this should be documented as well.
Once I had the idea I was surprised at how quickly this layout came together for me.  I have to say that it seems like ever since I made the decision to stop documenting my life in a PL style format that the creativity and the ideas have just been flowing out of me.  It just feels so much freer now. No expectation to keep up or on top of things.  I can just create what I want when I want but still keep it in a loose monthly format.  It's great though because I just don't feel the pressure of "it's creeping into next week so I really need to get last week done" and so on.  I feel like I have my mojo back! 
  
I really like the new ticket roll by Fancy Pants that I recently purchased from Hey Little Magpie. Was keen to use them in this layout!  I think they add a very fun element to the page for a life event that has been just the opposite of fun.  

For the background paper I wanted paper that was a bit whitewashed, if that's the right word, that sort of looked like the undercoat of a painted wall when you first move into a house before decorating it.  The blue and yellow colour scheme just sort of came together by itself after that. I added a few embellishments and word stickers, wanting it to be quite a full layout. As for the "still" part of the title, I wanted to include this word in the title as it has been over six months now that we have started looking at rental properties but I didn't want the word to be extremely prominent.  So it may look like the colour I picked didn't work well with the background colour but I pretty much wanted it to blend into the page so the title would kind of appear to be simply "Looking at Houses".  I then picked out my journaling label, typed up my journaling in a text box and ran it through my printer.  That's me done! 
SUPPLIES | Background paper by BasicGrey called Out of Print classifieds, this is the B side.  The blue alphas spelling out "Looking" are Simple Stories Vintage Bliss. The yellow letters spelling out "Still" are by Lilybee Designs called Sweet Shoppe.  The letters spelling out "Houses" are Typeset by Simple Stories. The VIP Pass ticket (at the top right) and the Golden Ticket (in the middle on the bottom) are by Fancy Pants called As You Wish Ticket Roll. The cork @ symbol is by Studio Calico. The "Home, Hope & Wishes" Dymo style tape are Life's Journey Black Labels by K&Co, which are super old.  The "oh what fun" and "this again" stickers are by Simple Stories from Daily Grind. The circular #1 sticker are by My Minds Eye, the Kate & Co line called Cambridge Court.  The teeny tiny alphas spelling out "Not!" are by Kaisercraft.  The blue journal tag and the file tag behind the word "Home" are by Simple Stories. The gold chipboard camera is by Studio Calico and the yellow enamel dot in the centre of it is by Twine & Ink.


Thanks for having a look and letting me
share my layout with you all!
Christine x   : )

2 comments:

  1. Did you find a house after all your searching? Great way to document it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Rumer! Thanks for asking. Unfortunately we are still looking. I guess perseverance is the key! : )

      Delete