Poodle Skirt

For those of you that know me or follow me, which would be my two loyal followers (Tessa! and my other follower who remains anonymous), you know that I love polka dots!!  In fashion they remind me of a time gone by and I am also a bit of a fan of retro rockabilly style. Plus I just find them so fun!

So in my polka dot madness I went and bought a really cute Poodle Skirt that I saw on Ebay.  I have taken my polka dot fondness to new heights! 

I thought that this crazy purchase deserved a layout all itself, so here it is!  And yes, of course, there had to be polka dots involved in the layout.
I really had a lot of fun with this layout and actually pulled it together in under 45 minutes, a rarity for me.  I didn't want a plain background so I glued some paper called BeLoved by Fancy Pants onto the Simple Stories red cardstock insert that comes with the red Sn@p  binder.

Then it was just a matter of adding the picture and the title, which is simple and easy - Poodle Skirt, using polka dot letters of course!
Then a few further embellishments and stickers and voila, I'm done! Easy peasy!
I like the polka dot mad result!

The final page!
SUPPLIES |  I started off by mounting paper called BeLoved by Fancy Pants from a Studio Calico kit onto the heavy cardstock inserts that come with the Simple Stories Sn@p albums, this one being from the red album and also on the backside of the layout I did for Five Guys here. I added a strip of black and white washi tape by Queen & Co. down the right hand side of the page.  I added a black decorative border to the photo to make the picture pop a bit more.  The polka dot puffy letters for the title are by Making Memories and oh so appropriate for this layout. All the enamel dots and the enamel love heart are by October Afternoon. The yellow chipboard circle with the (3) love hearts is by Studio Calico. The yellow "Hello" chipboard piece and the grey "like this" sticker are both Simple Stories. The red chipboard star to the left of the P in Poodle is by Simple Stories. The "Seriously" sticker and the circular sticker with the glasses are both Simple Stories DIY Boutique.


Thanks for dropping in to have a look!
Happy Scrapping!
Christine   : )

1 comment:

  1. this is very cute. love the alphas - they match the skirt!

    ReplyDelete