French Connection Style

I have been coveting a mustard yellow handbag for ages!!  Simply had to have one, but let me tell you, they are like a four leaf clover or unicorn - very rare, or so it seems.  There was one at Debenhams that I wanted but I couldn't bring myself to pay the kind of money that they were asking for, I won't tell you how much.  I watched it for a long time, waiting for it to go in the sales and it did, but it still wasn't cheap enough.  And then sadly when I went back to check on it, it had sold out.  So I started searching Shopstyle.co.uk for a similar style and colour.
 
Right now you might be saying if I couldn't afford one at Debenhams then how could I afford a French Connection bag.  Well, in the search for a new mustard yellow bag after my much coveted one at Debenhams disappeared off the market I just happened to find one through Shopstyle that was more than 70% off (which for me made it the price of a "normal" handbag) and coincidentally by French Connection.  So, I grabbed it before this one disappeared too and I was happy that I did!
Right around the time that I found the handbag I also found a mustard yellow scarf on Modcloth.com that I just HAD TO HAVE!! (as I wanted one to go with the outfit I was pulling together).  Plus it had polka dots and for anyone who knows me, they know that I am mad for polka dots.  So it was a must have!  I was a happy little camper when they both arrived and matched perfectly, as this isn't always a given when purchasing separate items over the internet.
 I really enjoyed creating this layout and it came out of my head quite easily (for me that is) as it had been in there, bouncing around for a few days and was screaming to get out.  I played around with some water colour paints by splattering and dripping them onto the page, not something that I use a lot in my layouts but I have to say I like the way it turned out.  I guess in some ways I am quite a "traditional" scrapbooker, but worked outside of the box today. Very fun!
 
The bigger irony of this post is that I grew up a tomboy so had never imagined that I could get excited about a handbag and a scarf, but there you go!  
SUPPLIES | Background paper is simple white Bazzill cardstock.  All of the rounded edge cards are Project Life from the Sunshine line.  The black polka dot paper under the word Fashion to the left of the photo is by Bella Blvd, it came from one of their "strips" paper.  The black & white striped paper on the right of the photo (is a scrap) and I believe it's by Simple Stories.  The black & white chipboard letters spelling out "Fashion" are by American Crafts called Kitten.  The grey stickers spelling out "Style" are Simple Stories called Typeset. The enamel dots & enamel heart at the top and bottom of the page are by October Afternoon called Daily Flash, Simple Stories D.I.Y. and Twine & Ink.  The black mini button brad at the top right corner of the page is by Making Memories.
 
I wanted to use yellow and white as my primary colours and then the black and grey as accents colours.  Originally I was going to square off the rounded PL cards but once I laid it out on the page I liked the look of it so left it. I wish all my layouts were as quick as this one, that I could create it in my head and then just put it onto paper the instant I sit down at my craft table!
 
 
Thanks for dropping by for a visit!
Hope you'll leave a comment!
 
Christine x  : ) 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment