February (with Simple Stories Sn@p) - Part 3

This is my last post for February! Finally! I only had a few more pages to add to finish the month so this should be an easy one as in not too photo heavy.  
 In the bottom pockets, of the page above, are (2) inserts from my part 2 post.  Above that, on the left is a picture of Rupert walking on the lane.  I just thought it was cute the way he was trotting along.  I cropped the photo and mounted it on a Project Life card from the Sunshine line.  Then added (2) enamel dots in the lower corner (yellow and gold) by Freckled Fawn. The green brad is by Papermania as is the yellow asterisk at the top of the page.  The green "today" sticker is from the Simple Stories D.I.Y. line.  The photo in the top right pocket is of me, yes a selfie, as I mentioned in previous posts, I am trying to include myself more in my albums.   The "smile big" sticker is by Simple Stories.
 This page was an easy page as well.  As I had out the acetate overlays from the original Simple Stories Snap 12x12 starter kit (from my Valentines layout) I thought I would try using one of the overlays in a pocket on its own, just "floating"as they say.  I kind of like the way it looks but not sure on how to keep it from moving around a bit, without using anything like adhesive, that you could see.  To the right of that is a picture of Rupert crashed out on a Sunday morning, a lazy Sunday morning to be exact.
 
In the bottom 4x6 pocket of this page is an insert I did to document some of the best birthday presents I have ever received.  A childhood friend of mine, actually more like a big sister really, recently became a published author and I couldn't be more proud!  I have read both of her books to date and can't wait for the next series.  Granted I am probably a bit too old to be reading her books, as she writes YA or Young Adult, but I don't care.  I love them!  (Here is a link to her website, if you want to check it out).
SUPPLIES | I couldn't tell you the name or the manufacturer of the background paper if I tried as this was a scrap of paper in my "patterned paper" scraps box.   All the stickers are Simple Stories with the exception of the teeny tiny alpha letters that spell out "pressies", these are by KaiserCraft.

SUPPLIES | For the top left pocket both stickers are Simple Stories from the new Dog line.  On the bottom I have used Simple Stories polka dot paper and the large "Birthday" stickers are by Simple Stories whereas the "My" and "Bounty" stickers are by October Afternoon from the Studio Calico Sugar Rush kit.
 
This page was an easy page as well, or maybe I was just on a roll! The top pic is of Simon and Rupert.  Simon came home one evening and Rupert was so excited to see him that he jumped up on him on the sofa and literally dove, or more like burrowed down the front of his gilet.  It was hilarious and luckily I was quick enough to get a pic.  In the bottom 4x6 pocket is a picture of the bonanza of scrapbooking supplies that I received for my birthday from my sister-in-law and Simon.  I was overjoyed, simply over the moon.  So many wonderful things that I wanted and all from Sarah's Cards!  It was brilliant, I just let them log on as me to view my wish list and they ordered EVERYTHING on it! 
  
When I post stuff like this next page I always worry that it may come across as a bit vain or narcissistic (note to self: maybe I should work on my self confidence) but its quite the contrary  As I may have mentioned in previous posts, when I was growing up my father fancied himself as somewhat of an avid amateur possibly "up and coming" photographer so my brothers and I constantly had a camera lense shoved in our faces.  We couldn't do anything, and I do mean anything without my father wanting to capture it on film, to the point of near annoyance.  Not to mention the ridiculous posed scenarios we were put in to fulfill his photography "aspirations".  So although I have always been one to want to take pictures of things myself, I tend to shy away from having my picture taken.  This shot below probably took about 40 other shots just to get this one good picture, and that's no exaggeration. Even now, whenever a camera is pointed in my direction, I tend to tense up, or turn away, which doesn't make for a good pic.  Nonetheless, on my birthday I decided to treat myself to a cut and style at my favourite salon because there is nothing like going to the hairdresser.  You're guaranteed to walk out feeling like a brand new person, exactly what I needed, especially lately.
SUPPLIES | The "So Delightful" and "Happiness" stickers are by Simple Stories as is the background paper.  A 12x12 page from the original Simple Stories Sn@p album kit cut down to 6x8.  The "Tickled Pink" sticker is also Simple Stories.  The multi-coloured chipboard letters are Thickers by American Crafts called Eric.  At the bottom of the page, on the left, the pink "Smile" sticker is by Simple Stories and the pink metal charm plaque is by American Crafts from their elements line. (Note: this is super old and has been in my stash for a while)

 (Close up of details on top right corner)
SUPPLIES | The pink metal brad is by BoBunny and from my stash. The "2014" was cut from an Echo Park card. The enamel dots are by Freckled Fawn from Studio Calico Sugar Rush.  The pink flower is from a Classic Winnie the Pooh Collage set by EK Success.

(Close up of details on lower right hand corner)
SUPPLIES | The "Cut" & "Style" stickers are Simple Stories - from (2) different sets, the travel line and the Typeset stickers.  The pink ampersand is also Simple Stories as is the "something splendid" sticker.  The chipboard button is by Webster's Pages Button & Twine kit and the tiny red dots are simply the bits that came out of the button holes.


Thanks for having a look!
Any comments or thoughts would be welcomed.
 
I can now move on to March.  Yippee!
 
Christine   : )

No comments:

Post a Comment