Working on September....

Hello!
 
Well it has been too long since I have been on my blog so I have come online to post something.  Yes, I am still playing catch-up, which I have to say I don't really like.  I don't like unnecessarily stressing myself out and when I fall behind with something that is how I feel.  Hence the reason that this month I went from capturing my Project Life weekly to capturing it monthly.  Yes, I do still have a bit of July and most of August to finish but as I didn't want to fall even further behind I carried on with September and am working on October as well, keeping notes as I go along and logging my pics so I can "keep up" along the way.   I also went round & round about whether I should post my September layouts before I finished posting the July & August layouts, as I typically like to scrap in chronological order and normally I wouldn't do this, but again I don't want to fall behind in real life and online as well.  So here I am!
 
 
Below are a few pics of the layouts I have been working on.  I do find it less stressful working this way, just capturing the bits of my life as they happen rather than worrying about having to slot them within a particular week or so.  As I mentioned before sometimes there would be weeks where not much would happen and I would find myself struggling to create photos to add for that week or even worse "creating" something in the sense that it wasn't really noteworthy but I was making it so just to fill the space.  As well, I came across the opposite of that where some weeks I would have too many pictures and then would struggle to fit them all in, having to choose between which pictures I wanted to include.
 
 
This way I also found that for some reason I felt I didn't need as much journaling, that the pictures could stand alone and tell their own story.  I guess because when you are capturing your life weekly you feel, or I did, that a weekly journaling card had to be included to give a bit of background about that week, but I don't suppose that it is necessary.
 
    
I created the "Rare Moment" insert card with paper from Simple Stories  6x6 Basics Paper Pack along with a cardstock sticker ("this was the best" banner) from the Simple Stories 12x12 Collection Kit Snap Life and then some paper strips, from the same kit to create the banners along the bottom.  The blue "flower" is from a kit by Papermania called Capsule Collection, Embellishment Set in Teal (that I've had for a while). With these photos of Rupert I sort of wanted to get the perspective from my eye line view, him climbing up into my arms, so hence the extreme closeups.
I created the upper left insert card myself, again another way to "budget".  I've seen insert cards like these online on various websites and liked the mix of different fonts so created something that was unique to some of the photos I had taken.  I have never had a dog with such character and Rupert definitely has that.  Whenever Simon will eat a yogurt or pudding cup Rupert gets right up in his lap and tries to sit as close to him as possible.  We think it's so funny!  He watches Simon so intently and every time he lifts the spoon from the cup to his mouth, Rupert's tongue quickly darts out of his mouth, licking the air, as if he can taste whatever Simon is eating.  On this occasion I quickly snapped a few pictures and sorta gave me the sideways evils, like what are you looking at.  The "What are you looking at?" tag I created myself in word and the "LOL" stickers are from Simple Stories Typeset letters kit.  At the cinema this month we went to see Rush by Ron Howard, it was such a great film! You don't necessarily have to be a race fan either to enjoy it, there is a good back story there.
Baked to help a friend out with her MacMillan Coffee Morning this month.  She was organising the whole thing herself and for a good cause, so I thought the least I could do was bake and donate 4 dozen donuts for her to sell.
 The upper left insert card reads "Simon and I are not coffee drinkers and we do both like our tea, him admittedly more so than me but when it comes to Hot Chocolate, that is something we definitely both agree on!".  I created this card in Word and added a bit of clipart.  The insert card below "Enjoy the Little Things" I also created as well.  I was trying to tie the colours into the colours on the Costa coffee cup.  The title on the photo "Ho Cho" Sunday @ Costa, we don't actually call it Ho Cho.  I actually got the term from a girl I was working with that week.  She was sooo determined to not be "trendy" and not be "one of the mindless sheep", (yes, she was about 20-something) that she was striving so hard to be a unique individual that she had almost come full circle to being trendy again, in her rebelliousness. (If that makes any sense).  We were ordering tea's & coffee's one day at work and in an attempt to be unique, she said she didn't believe in the consumption of hot caffeinated beverages, only in "Ho Cho".  I found it hysterical, so I used it!
A picture sent to me by my best friend Laura as she was getting ready to go out for the evening and celebrate her birthday.  How I wish I could have been there but as I currently live in the UK and she lives in the US, it wasn't going to happen.  She has become such the fashionista!! I love it!  That photo almost looks like something you would see in a magazine.  (I don't like the insert card on the upper right so will probably go back and change that, as it just doesn't work for me).
 
A pic of the laundromat as we get all the linens ready for the cold months ahead. The bottom pic, a pic of my homemade Mac & Cheese because sometimes you do just need some good old comfort food!
The top pic (its only in posting it online that I now see there is quite a bit of glare on that - I will need to fix that) is of the mist that is now starting to roll in early in the morning, which means the days will get chillier and the nights more crisp.  Fall will be here soon and then gloomy winter.  The bottom pic is of Simon and Rupert - that dog really is just so attached to him it amazes me. "Adore you" is a sticker from the Simple Stories Typeset pack.  
A weekend country walk we took while in Hertfordshire. All stickers and tags are from Simple Stories.
A few pics of Rupert from one afternoon when we were playing in the garden.

"Shopping at Jerry's" - this has become a bit of a tradition for us now.  A great butcher located in our village. People come from far and wide to shop at Jerry's.  We typically find ourselves there on Saturday morning picking up things we'll need for the week and as well for a Saturday morning breakfast.
 
That's all for now.  I want to get September finished and wrapped up as by the end of next week October will virtually be over.  November is just around the corner. 
 
Thinking about it, going forward though, if I am only capturing Project Life on a monthly basis, maybe for the purpose of posting, so it is not just once a month, I can break it up into two parts.  Something to think about.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment