#THROWBACK THURSDAY
FRIDAY, 20 MARCH, 2015

Well, I completely missed my #Throwback Thursday post yesterday as have been super busy with some important legal matters so I guess officially it is now Flashback Friday! 
SPACER
SPACER
Apologies for my tardiness.  Not that there were probably many people checking in to see yesterday's post but nonetheless, here it is! 
SPACER
SPACER
Today's post is sharing a layout I did back in 1999 - 2000 about my grandfather, who was a real cowboy. Not something you see that much nowadays, or even back then, a true cowboy that is, unless you live in the Midwest U.S. (which I didn't, by the way).
SPACER
SPACER
My grandfather had actually passed many years before this but my mother had recently acquired some of his personal effects due to my grandmother passing.  I was so moved by some of the stories that my mother had told me about him and what it was like growing up with him that I thought I would create a commemorate page in his honor. 
SPACER
SPACER
I used a mini themed kit to create this layout, something that I typically did not use back then. I think this was more of a L.S.S. kit then it was a manufacturer's kit. It included a few sheets of cowboy themed patterned paper and full size sheet of cowboy themed stickers. 

I also added a few embellishments that I thought fit the theme and created the journalling on my computer using a font that was rope like. 

Left page
For this page I wanted the main focus to be my grandfather so I included a picture of him on one of his Appaloosa's in the annual Las Vegas parade.

Right page
For the accompanying page I added a picture of us three kids with my grandfather along with a picture of myself on one of his horses during a family visit, which wasn't complete without a ride on his horse. 

I love the page for the uniqueness of it and as well the sentimentality of it. 

Thanks for taking the time to drop by my blog!

Happy Scrapping and Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment